post song problems here

Discuss topics on Progressive Rock Radio and Progressive Metal Radio !

Moderator: SteveM

DB

Post by DB »

Potential problem... maybe not?

I requested the Voyager song "Straight to the Other Side" from I Am The ReVolution, and when it got to the song it sounded like it started playing, then skipped over it to the next request. Someone should probably request this again later just to see if it's a song problem or there was just a random glitch in the stream.
ray

Post by ray »

Ripping errors in Silently Falling on Chris Squire's album Fish Out Of Water.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think that "The Witness" part 1 and part 2 from Touchstone's "Wintercoast" should be merged.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh, and may I suggest that Dream Theater's "A mind beside itself" on "Live scenes from New York" should be merged? It's already merged in the studio version on "Awake", so merging the live version too would make sense. :wink:
Feedthefire

Post by Feedthefire »

"Rhythm of Hope" by Queensrÿche from the album Tribe is mislabeled "Rhythm of Love" :P
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

"Joker in the pack" from Touchstone, from their album "Wintercoast" is mislabeled as "Joker in the park".
ray

Post by ray »

Elizabeth on Kamelot's Karma has about 4 minutes of silence in the end.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Another thing about Touchstone: I think that "The beggar's song" and "WTHWT" on the album "Discordant dreams" should NOT be merged. ;)
MAVIII

:/

Post by MAVIII »

Uh . . .

Did the "Rain Epilogue" after Fates Warning "Part XII" get edited out??? Okay, I know that we can all
listen to our CD's at home but come on . . .

its a mood setter and it would be a shame to remove it :(
...anyways, thats why the "Alarm" goes off to WAKE YOU UP 8)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And as I feared, the mistake on the second disc of Genesis' "Three sides live" hasn't been noticed. "One for the vine" is in fact only the first part of that song. "Fountain of Salmacis" is in fact "One for the vine part 2", while the last song should be labelled as "Fountain of Salmacis / It / Watcher of the skies"
scout
Site Admin

Re: :/

Post by scout »

MAVIII wrote:Uh . . .

Did the "Rain Epilogue" after Fates Warning "Part XII" get edited out??? Okay, I know that we can all
listen to our CD's at home but come on . . .

its a mood setter and it would be a shame to remove it :(
...anyways, thats why the "Alarm" goes off to WAKE YOU UP 8)
How long is that track? Most songs <1 minute have been removed since they don't get requested.
scout
Site Admin

Post by scout »

Anthony wrote:And as I feared, the mistake on the second disc of Genesis' "Three sides live" hasn't been noticed. "One for the vine" is in fact only the first part of that song. "Fountain of Salmacis" is in fact "One for the vine part 2", while the last song should be labelled as "Fountain of Salmacis / It / Watcher of the skies"
Should be fixed now... should the two "One for the vine" tracks be merged?
MAVIII

Rain rain come again . . .

Post by MAVIII »

scout wrote:
How long is that track? Most songs <1 minute have been removed since they don't get requested.
Sorry Mr. PrOgulus,
Did not see your question till now . . .

Well the Rain basically comes in as the "Last" song finishes (Part XII), so its not an isolated track ;)
The rain SFX goes on for a few minutes then a Clock Alarm goes off ending the record, its all part
of the song :D

Thanx again for the consideration and your attention :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

scout wrote:
Anthony wrote:And as I feared, the mistake on the second disc of Genesis' "Three sides live" hasn't been noticed. "One for the vine" is in fact only the first part of that song. "Fountain of Salmacis" is in fact "One for the vine part 2", while the last song should be labelled as "Fountain of Salmacis / It / Watcher of the skies"
I think they should be merged, as they aren't separate songs on the studio album. This mistake on "Three sides live" is just an example of bad quality control.
scout
Site Admin

Post by scout »

Anthony wrote:
scout wrote:
I think they should be merged, as they aren't separate songs on the studio album. This mistake on "Three sides live" is just an example of bad quality control.
Worst example of quality control I've seen was on a Dixie Dregs CD that was a compilation of 3 of their albums on 2 CDs. Whoever made it accidentally left off one of the tracks! It's listed on the track listing, but missing from the actual CD. What makes it worse is the song they omitted is one of the best tracks the Dregs ever wrote (Vitamin Q).