post song problems here

Discuss topics on Progressive Rock Radio and Progressive Metal Radio !

Moderator: SteveM

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Hey Scout,

Defeated By The Innocents A) Extensial Disease (Instr) B) Guilty Of Intelligence C) Conscience by Nightcloud has an incorrect duration. It is listed as 16:19, but the song actually has a bit longer duration.

It causes the now playing page to have the same song repeatedly down the playing list (yeah, that's a bug in the now playing page, I've started working on fixing that, but it will take a bit of a re-write).

Steve
King T-Bo

Post by King T-Bo »

This may be more of a listing issue, but for bands that have a larger discography, I find when you click "All" for the albums, it cuts off after a certain point.

For example:
# All
# The Majesty Demos 1985 - 1986 1986
# When Dream And Day Unite 1989
# Images And Words 1992
# Live At The Marquee 1993
# Awake 1994
# Various Artists - Guitar's Practicing Musicians Volume 3 - VA 1994
# A Change of Seasons 1995
# International Fan Club Christmas CD 1996 1996
# Falling Into Infinity 1997
# Once In A Livetime (Disc 1) 1998
# Once In A Livetime (Disc 2) 1998
# Cleaning Out The Closet 1999
# Scenes From a Memory 1999
# Through Her Eyes (Single) 2000
# Live Scenes From New York (Disc 1) 2001
# Live Scenes From New York (Disc 2) 2001
# Live Scenes From New York (Disc 3) 2001
# Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence 2002
# Train of Thought 2003
# A Sort Of Homecoming - DTIFC CD 2004 2004
# Live At Budokan (Disc 1) 2004
# Live At Budokan (Disc 2) 2004
# Live At Budokan (Disc 3) 2004
# Octavarium 2005
# The Number Of The Beast - Official Bootleg 2005
# Awake Demos 1994 2006
# Dark Side Of The Moon (Official Bootleg) 2006
# Score - 20th Anniversary World Tour (CD1) 2006
# Score - 20th Anniversary World Tour (CD2) 2006
# Score - 20th Anniversary World Tour (CD3) 2006
# Systematic Chaos 2007
# Chaos In Motion (Disc 1) 2008
# Chaos In Motion (Disc 2) 2008
# Chaos In Motion (Disc 3) 2008
# Greatest Hit (...And 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs) (Disc 2) (The Light Side) 2008
# Greatest Hit (...And 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs) (Disc One) (The Dark Side) 2008
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 1) 2009
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 2) (Bonus Disc): Uncovered 2008/2009 2009
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 3) (Bonus Disc): Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Instrumental Mixes)

When you click "All", it only goes up to Systematic Chaos, the last 8 discs don't even show up on the list. I think if the multi-disc ones, like live albums and all that were consolidated it would probably fit pretty nicely. And as for BCSL, they should probably stay as separate discs since they're not part of the "album" itself. There aren't really any other artists I can think of with this same issue, though.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

King T-Bo wrote:This may be more of a listing issue, but for bands that have a larger discography, I find when you click "All" for the albums, it cuts off after a certain point.

For example:
# All
# The Majesty Demos 1985 - 1986 1986
# When Dream And Day Unite 1989
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 1) 2009
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 2) (Bonus Disc): Uncovered 2008/2009 2009
# Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Disc 3) (Bonus Disc): Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Instrumental Mixes)

When you click "All", it only goes up to Systematic Chaos, the last 8 discs don't even show up on the list. I think if the multi-disc ones, like live albums and all that were consolidated it would probably fit pretty nicely. And as for BCSL, they should probably stay as separate discs since they're not part of the "album" itself. There aren't really any other artists I can think of with this same issue, though.
I'll take a look at this one. You are probably right that it cuts off at a certain point (which I think is due to an attempt to keep searches from returning too many results). Should be an easy fix.
scout
Site Admin

Post by scout »

Zaii wrote:IZZ

The new album seems to be called my river flows, but progulus is calling it IZZNET.COM.
That track is a new single from the upcoming CD that doesn't have a name yet.
scout
Site Admin

Post by scout »

SteveM wrote:Hey Scout,

Defeated By The Innocents A) Extensial Disease (Instr) B) Guilty Of Intelligence C) Conscience by Nightcloud has an incorrect duration. It is listed as 16:19, but the song actually has a bit longer duration.

It causes the now playing page to have the same song repeatedly down the playing list (yeah, that's a bug in the now playing page, I've started working on fixing that, but it will take a bit of a re-write).

Steve
That's probably because I re-ripped the track no too long ago so SAM still has the old track data. I'll get that fixed the next chance I get. Somebody told me that on the original the merged tracks were out of sequence.
Qixotl

Post by Qixotl »

scout wrote:
Zaii wrote:IZZ

The new album seems to be called my river flows, but progulus is calling it IZZNET.COM.
That track is a new single from the upcoming CD that doesn't have a name yet.
And from what I understood during the band's show last Sunday, that single (Places to Hide) is unlikely to be placed on the next album, though thematically it is a prelude to it. I'd suggest using the image they have for the single as an album cover on this site (instead of the My River Flows jpg) if it wasn't postage stamp sized.

http://izznet.com/images/store-placestohide.jpg
ray

Post by ray »

Time Machine are Italian and Streets are US, both not German (unfortunately).
Rens

Dream Theater - Images and Words

Post by Rens »

Two songs from Dream Theater's album Images and Words are not listed in the proper order: Pull Me Under and Learning to Live.

Pull Me Under should be the first song listed and Learning to Live should be the last.

Thanks in advance!
ray

Post by ray »

It seems the song Bleed And Die on Promised Edens album Guilt has ripping errors.
ray

Post by ray »

Streets were an American band, not German
Kayleigh

Post by Kayleigh »

Think I saw Stratovarius listed as Swedish the other day... Could it be changed into Finnish?

Also: White Willow is displayed as a Finnish band, when it's in fact Norwegian. There's something funny about their homesite. At their Myspace, it's whitewillow dot org, instead of dot net. However, neither of the links work. :?
"Seize the day!"
Avoreda

Votum - Time Must Have a Stop

Post by Avoreda »

The song "Passing Sears" should be "Passing Scars" on Votum's Time Must Have a Stop
tonyR

Stormental.....Unleash the madness

Post by tonyR »

Strange.....fly picked this song and it played twice in a row,,,sunday nite 10.52pm Pst

Last 10 Songs
Unleashing The Madness by Stormental
Unleashing The Madness (Fly)

Based on 3 vote(s)
* Artist

Stormental Artist homepage BR
* Album

Unleashing The Madness (2007)

4:06
Rate it:
Unleashing The Madness by Stormental
Unleashing The Madness (Fly)

Based on 1 vote(s)
* Artist

Stormental Artist homepage BR
* Album

Unleashing The Madness (2007)

4:06
Votes:
Updated:
MAVIII

DONT LOSE THIS LINK!!!!! S A V E

Post by MAVIII »

Howdy Folkulus,

Whenever PrOgulus is Down, be sure to save this Link to Ray's old Back-up Site! But it should go to
it by Default, if not:
http://www.progpirates.de/

Your Chatting will continue, Fly that Pirate Flag Freely! YARRR :!:
Schrims

Post by Schrims »

I noticed a while ago that "A Mad Russian's Christmas" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra has a bad rip.